4 Simple Things You Can Do To Improve Wellness
August is National Wellness Month, and our team at Energywise Solutions wants to bring awareness and resources to our community. Instead of living a life of surviving, change your habits to live a life of thriving.
What is wellness? Wellness is an approach to caring for oneself that emphasizes preventing illness and prolonging life. Wellness also promotes the integrated health of the mind, body, and soul. If you haven’t adopted healthy habits, it’s not too late to start. Begin with small changes and take it one day at a time – you don’t have to enter a triathlon or go on a restricted diet to implement wellness into your everyday life!
How To Improve Wellness?
- Increase your water intake. The human body comprises around 60% water, therefore your body needs water to function properly, and function at an optimal level. Men should target a minimum of 16 cups/day. Women should target a minimum of 12 cups/day.
- Maintain a healthy diet. Incorporating fruits and veggies, fiber and protein intake will help in reducing stress levels. If you can implement intermittent fasting or you want to consider caloric reduction to burn off some fat, there are plenty of resources available to learn more about the
- Monitor and improve your sleep patterns. Avoid caffeine after 12pm, include quiet and calm activities before going to bed, and wake up at the same time every day – these are simple ways you can begin your journey towards becoming a successful sleeper.and make adjustments for better sleep habits.
- Increase your activity. Exercise such as walking, hiking, weight lifting or HIIT classes all work. If you can’t incorporate more time or more advanced training, start with 30 minutes of daily exercise. Walking at a brisk pace is incredibly useful, and is an integral part of my personal regimen.
Chart out your healthy lifestyle routine. Create habits that make you feel good and better in the long run. Practicing self-care has a lot of advantages, like:
- Improvement of mental health issues.
- Reduction of anxiety.
- Recovery from a sports injury.
So, make a pact with yourself today to craft your own unique wellness plan. Set benchmarks, establish goals, and monitor your results to keep track of your progress.
Scott Van Kerkhove is the CEO of Energywise and writes on topics and issues surrounding the lighting and controls industry, energy management, financial wellness, environmental wellness, profitability and sustainability.
Find us on Google+ – Author: Scott Van Kerkhove